Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Everyday

I have made a goal for myself to blog every day this month, just to see what rolls out. Forced creativity like a sketch group. Really not sure what to blog about.
Recently my bogging was attacked as being pretentious. Laughably pretentious actually. I am many things, but I didnt think that was one of them.
I've been watching first season Dharma and Greg since I found it at Costco for $10 (present for me). At the end of every episode in the credits the writer threw in some random thoughts referred to as Vanity Cards. This to me is the entire concept of a blog. Topics or focus vary, Mommy/Family, politics, weight/health, or creative writing, whatever. Lofty ideals aside, posting your thoughts on the internet is a Vanity Card, whether you are a celebrity obsessed no name in your parents basement or the Dali Lama - who, I think, does not have a blog. Anyway, it seems pretentious by its very nature. We're all narcissist, accept and grow with love.

1 comment:

i am the diva said...

jeeze, i didn't know you were getting back on the blogging bandwagon.... i have some catching up to do