Wednesday, September 24, 2008

99 more days

In the spirit of honesty I'll say I fell off the wagon this morning. And again this afternoon. Lets move on.

I've counted it out and I have 99 more days till I move. Seems cold to be counting down like I'm waiting to escape. The good parts of here are always in my life wherever I am though. I don't need to physically be here to have a laugh with my Dad. Or to hear how much my Gram loves me and tell her the same. They're only ever a phone call away.

I think of it like being under a giant comforter. Its warm and feels safe. You also can't see what's out there. And when you finally fold it back, there's that first breath of oxygen. It may be colder but it feels like freedom. Like something you needed and didnt even know you were missing.

I'm looking forward to breathing it all in.

No comments: