Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Facebook, you temptation.

I will admit, I am a facebook addict. I think it is brilliant. And so very convenient. I love pretty much everything about it. This is how I lose hours of my life to reading status updates and clicking through photos. Facebook is the best way to reconnect with old friends and stay connected with current ones.
Having said that, I am finding I am losing a lot of productive time as well. I dont want to off anyone from my friend list, I want to keep them all. I dont need to keep up with aquaintances in quite the same way though. So I think I'm going to try something new. Less facebook and more actual life. "Oh no" you say, "That's crazy talk." No, no, they will all still be connected, like that address book you havent updated since high school. Except, now a move doesnt mean someone is lost. Instead of guessing at a situation from a nondescript status, I'm going to have a conversation with a friend about what is going on to be part of life. Theirs and mine. Schedules do still conflict so I will use email to converse with time strapped friends, not snoop through photos to catch up. I'm not signing off forever, and I will come back to update.
I'm just taking a facebreak.

2 comments:

i am the diva said...

if i had a dollar for ever minute i've wasted on facebook.....

Reddy said...

It's not all wasted, right?