Saturday, October 4, 2008

Booty Call?

Last night shortly after midnight I got a text from an ex-lover. Normally no biggie, because we're transitioning into friends. But his intention was not friendly last night. And he's been hard to contact for the last little while. Which because he'd started seeing someone new, I expected. Not as distant as he's become, but some distance, sure.
He told me he thought to contact me after another friend reminded him of a story with me. A woman he'd been talking to since a reasonable hour.
I realize jealousy has no place in friendship, and I'm trying not to overreact. Honestly though, I feel taken for granted. Like he can just blow me off and then pick me back up again when he deems me worthy.
I'm actually insulted that I'm not important enough to him to be more than ego boost when needed. Maybe I set the ground rules too lax in our conversations. Maybe I'm reading too much into a passing comment. Maybe I dont care, because I'm hurt and I dont want to stifle that to apease someone else.

No comments: