Sunday, November 16, 2008

Things I've learned from the movies #2

I realize that one of my biggest influence is the movies I have watched, and I thought I'd share a bit more of that.
Susan Sarandon is a brilliant actress, and I can quote many moments from her career. I dont follow her personal life or politics, but her characters are all great. The best ones are strong women, strength I admire and try to embody.

Ealier this week I was watching (got sucked into) "Shall we Dance" (for the fourth time). There's a scene where Beverly talks about marriage. This is a great speech as far as movie speeches go. I love the sentiment.

In "Thelma and Louise", Louise's motto is "you get what you settle for" and she's exactly right.

And in "Banger Sisters" (Goldie Hawn's) Suzette talks about Lavinia dancing, her kids laugh "But she's a terrible dancer" and she says something to the effect of That's what was so great, she didnt care what anyone else thought.
Fictional or not, that's the only way to dance. The only way to do anything, especially something you love.

3 comments:

FourLeafClover said...

You get what you settle for. I like that.

AuntyTeeni said...

The Diva said we should come over and encourage you to start blogging again because she misses you. She has never steered me wrong so here I am and why aren't you typing already? :)
~Teeni
vtroom.com

i am the diva said...

remember when you used to blog?