Thursday, October 8, 2015

Fraud

A friend gave me a very nice compliment yesterday, about how it looked like my pants were looser and I must be losing weight. The sad truth is, these are new pants. They are the same size as my old fat pants, but they have pockets... so yay!
What is funny (?) to me, is this friend has a had a more than noticeable recent weight loss (60lbs I was informed by a mutual friend, from 1500 calories a day, and no gluten/wheat, plus running) and while I was really happy for her, I am also jealous.
I ran into another friend earlier in the week who has become a personal trainer and is looking fitter, and while we talked, all I could think was, she must think I look so... awful.
I have not been running as much and have a 10k in 3 weeks with my sister, the marathon runner. I don't know how to tell her I am not prepared.
The only plus side to this is I have been on the healthy train, pretty well since the beginning of the month. Small consolation, that the cookies I give up get me closer to my goal.

No comments: