Sunday, July 27, 2008

Home

Recently I decided to break from my life and come "home" for a bit. Family concerns were the biggest reason, but more on that maybe later. I am missing long talks with good friends and have turned to the internet to ramble at.
Right now as I sit in my childhood bedroom, I'm most concerned with what happens next. The emotions that have lead me to right here I would not take back. This present day situation is not the norm though. It's good, and also it's not where I was, which was good, and not where I plan to be, which I hope is good. I left this tiny isolated place 10 years ago for a career that I never really followed. I moved north, and though I wasn't raised there, I feel like its where I grew up. I embraced the values that define me while living there. I hope it is always a big part of me, and I cherish every friendship. I miss being there, but this is where I need to be, and I want something new for the future. I'm still looking for the place that feels like home.

No comments: