Monday, August 28, 2017

Shut up and drive

I have been struggling to find motivation over the summer, the task seeming too great, possibly not even achievable. My foot is still in pain, and if I'm the only who is affected by my weight, then what do I care, I'm just as happy either way.
But that is a lie. I'm not happy at this weight, it is a fat suit that I am trapped in, and it will kill me if I let it.
My head is back in the game now. It started the beginning of August, little inspirations and changes, and last week I started walking for excercise again. In September I'm going to swim, if not before. Because I am a mermaid, and I need to remember that.
A few days ago I saw a beautiful black luxury car. I'm not a car girl, but this was fancy. For a second I thought, I'd like to be the girl who rides shotgun in that car. It follows a daydream I have about bring picked up by a man like Greg Montgomery (Dharma and Greg)and going to the Symphony or other high class event. And then I looked at what I was wearing, how exactly I'd left the house, and I thought that I really need to put more effort in. Alot of effort in. Not just for a guy, although it would help to try, but to take care of myself first and foremost. To drive that luxury car, like that Cadillac CTS commercial with Kate Walsh. I know gearing up is going down a rabbit hole of vanity, and maybe I am not ever going to be a pretty girl, but I'm tired of being the supporting actress in my own movie.
It's time to get in the driver's seat.

No comments: